The following are instructions for completing the story assignment that must be submitted with your application in order to be considered for admission into the 15th annual Cornerstone Journalism Institute, which will meet July 23-28, 2017, at Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids, Mich.
Write a paper about one of these topics:
- One or more things you are interested in the most and why.
- An interesting person in your family, church or neighborhood.
Requirements for Your Paper
- Use complete sentences, correct grammar.
- Take care to spell check your story before submitting.
- Write your name, address and phone number in upper left hand of your story page.
- Your story should be approximately between 300 and 600 words.
- Your story should be typed and double-spaced.
With a personal or borrowed camera, take a cool photograph of a person or a pet out-of-doors.
Instructions for Submission
Email your photograph and story to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the online registration form below.
Your full payment may be sent to:
Alan Blanchard, CJI Executive Director
1001 E Beltline Ave NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
To pay with a credit card, please call 616.222.1504.
Important Note: Most students who apply are admitted to the Cornerstone Journalism Institute, on a first-come, first-served basis. The story and photo assignments are designed to help us know the skill level of students entering our institute.
University Credit Option
High School students may be eligible to receive 1 semester hour of university credit if they successfully complete the summer institute and pay a specially reduced fee of only $226.
Financial Need Scholarships
Students with financial need may be eligible to receive a partial or nearly-full scholarship to help defray the cost of the camp.
Cornerstone Journalism Institute Application
To register for the Cornerstone Journalism Institute, please complete the form below.