Students in the exercise science major complete a rich curriculum with courses addressing anatomy and physiology, exercise physiology, biomechanics, measurement and evaluation, exercise prescription, injury prevention, nutrition and field internships. The student will gain a greater appreciation of how God designed the human body for movement.
With personal health and fitness occupying much of our nation's attention, exercise science is an excellent way to tap into a plentiful job market whose goal is the promotion of a healthier nation through exercise and fitness programs.
In Exercise Science you can prepare for a career that may involve work in a variety of clinical or non-clinical settings. Alternatively, with proper advising, you can prepare for application to graduate programs in Exercise Physiology, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Athletic Training, Physician Assistant, Medicine, Nursing or other areas of health care.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Programs
- Corporate & Community Fitness Programs
- Health Clubs
- YMCA & Similar Organizations
- Careers in Sales or Marketing of Medical, Fitness & Sports-Oriented Equipment
Download a sample degree plan for a major in Exercise Science.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Exercise Physiology
- First Aid & Injury Prevention
- Motor Development
- Exercise Testing & Prescription
- Senior Research Project and/or Internship
- Fitness Programs
- Health Clubs
- Physical Therapy
- Athletic Training Facilities