By studying Greek, you will gain foundational skills to engage with the meaning of various New Testament documents. You'll delve into the history of the language, enhancing your personal study of the Bible.
As you contemplate participating in future ministry of regular exposition of God's revelation in the New Testament or serving as a translator, consider the rich preparation available to you through the completion of a minor in Greek.
You can declare a minor in Greek without having previous exposure to the Greek language! Faculty members will serve as mentor-scholars as you proceed from learning the Greek alphabet to translating complex sentences, following a sequence of courses designed to equip you to study God's word with depth and precision.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Bible, Religion & Ministry
- Degree Type: Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A minor in Greek allows you to obtain advanced placement in many seminaries and graduate schools. By receiving placement in upper-level language courses as a graduate student, you will save both time and money.
- Asbury Theological Seminary
- Bethel Seminary
- Faith Baptist Theological Seminary
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
- Grand Rapids Theological Seminary
- Liberty Theological Seminary
- Master's International School of Divinity
- Methodist Theological School in Ohio
- Moody Theological Seminary - Michigan
- Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary
- Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- Western Theological Seminary