Narrative arcs and languages matter.
As a student in the Humanities Division, you will further develop essential qualities to influence world cultures for Christ—qualities such as critical thinking, creativity, communication skills, cross-cultural competency, and a deep understanding of both the glory and depravity in modern culture. Beyond mastering a breadth of content, you'll graduate equipped to act as a redemptive influence.
Undergraduate Research Opportunities
Courses within your major will prepare you to wrestle with questions in your field of study, equipping you to begin contributing a working response to an area of inquiry through the formation of a senior thesis. Recent topics include:
- Examining the Importance and Unifying Nature of Stories Across Cultures
- Comparing C.S. Lewis and George Orwell: Visions of the Metamorphoses of Language and the Shift to Postmodernism
Degree Programs Available
For information on distinctive components of our degree programs and internship opportunities, select a major or minor below.
- Creative Writing
- Professional Writing (New!)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- English | Elementary & Secondary
- Language Arts Group | Elementary
- Spanish | Elementary & Secondary
- TESOL | Elementary & Secondary, K-12