The intercultural studies major equips you for cross-cultural ministry in a church or parachurch setting. It trains you to provide a curriculum that is biblically rooted, theoretically sound, holistically based and practically relevant. And it empowers you to become an innovative cross-cultural leader who follows the teaching of Christ in making disciples of all ethnic groups.
Here, we take a holistic approach to ministry. From course work in interpersonal relationships to spiritual formation, professors support your growth as a well-rounded individual and professional. This prepares you to integrate your faith and work.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Expect more interaction with expert faculty. At Cornerstone, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive.
- Enrich your perspective. Cornerstone is a multi-denominational learning community. This allows you to hear different voices and consider new perspectives from within a shared confessional base.
- Get involved in leadership development. Student-led organizations, clubs and initiatives give you the chance to apply leadership principles in meaningful ways. For example, Enactus works to address local and international needs with sustainable solutions.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Bible, Religion & Ministry
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Program development
- Church planter
- Community leader
- Overseas or inner city ministry
- Work with youth, orphans and the poor
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
Here, 100% of traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. More than a graduation requirement, this hands-on opportunity helps you explore your vocation and gain the practical experience necessary for career success.
With support from campus resources such as the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students have landed internships at organizations such as:
- Neurocore Pro
- Up and Out Ministries
Cornerstone graduates are influencers in their work, neighborhoods and world for Christ. You can find them building lives that matter in West Michigan and countries around the world.
Because of their broad knowledge base, major-specific skills and servant leadership qualities, they've contributed value to teams at:
- ABWE International
- Bella Vista Church
- Benjamin's Hope
- Emmaus Ministries
- Mars Hill Bible Church