Through development of ministry skills and study of Scripture, you'll graduate prepared to live out the great commission as a disciple of Christ. Accompanied by a minor in Bible, you gain perspective on how to communicate the Biblical story, enabling you to minister in cross-cultural environments.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Bible, Religion & Ministry
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Major Credit Hours: 51 (requires minor)
- Minor Credit Hours: 18
- Career Opportunities:
- Program development
- Church planter
- Community leader
- Overseas or inner city ministry
- Work with youth, orphans and the poor
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- Fall semester—August 15
- Spring semester—January 1
You can earn a Bachelor of Science in Intercultural Studies degree in four years.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide to preview the steps required to complete your degree.
100% of Cornerstone University's traditional undergraduate students complete an internship experience.
Intercultural studies majors have received hands-on, professional training as interns with these organizations:
- Up and Out Ministries
- Megan Blough serves as a missionary in South Africa.
- Jim Kast-Keat works as the fifty6 Pastor at Mars Hill Bible Church.
Major Courses and Catalog
In addition to completing the university's core curriculum, the Bachelor of Science in Intercultural Studies degree requires the following classes:
- CMI-222 Poverty and Justice — 3 credit hours
- CMI-223 Cultural Anthropology — 3 credit hours
- CMI-243 Introduction to Intercultural Studies — 3 credit hours
- CMI-252 Interpersonal and Intrapersonal Relationships — 3 credit hours
- CMI-311 Evangelism and Discipleship — 3 credit hours
- CMI-334 Spiritual Formation — 3 credit hours
- CMI-444 Contemporary Global Issues — 3 credit hours
- REL-212 Religions of the World — 3 credit hours
- REL-380 Internship — 3 credit hours
- REL-462 Senior Seminar — 3 credit hours
- Program elective—Christian ministries, linguistics or religion — 3 credit hours
Required Biblical Studies Minor
- REL-103 Biblical Hermeneutics — 3 credit hours
- REL-130 Old Testament Literature for BRM Majors — 3 credit hours
- REL-236 New Testament Literature for BRM Majors — 3 credit hours
- REL-33X Biblical Literature Course — 3 credit hours
- REL-354 Theology I — 3 credit hours
- REL-43X Biblical Analysis Course — 3 credit hours
For course descriptions and graduation requirements, view the 2016-17 Cornerstone University Undergraduate Academic Catalog.