The international business major prepares you to excel as a culturally astute business professional in the context of a dynamic global economy. It trains you in aspects of accounting, economics, finance, marketing and management. It equips you with knowledge of cultural protocols, communication variables and trade laws. And it empowers you to excel as an influencer in our world for Christ.
Here, we take a holistic approach to leadership and spiritual formation because the values you bring to your work matter. From participation in a required international business experience to encounters with real-world case studies in the classroom, expert professors provide the training necessary to support your growth as a well-rounded individual and emerging professional.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Expect more interaction with expert faculty. At Cornerstone, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive.
- Expand your career options. Based on your vocational interests, take advantage of the opportunity to add a second major such as business marketing to your four-year plan. This further increases your marketability as a young professional.
- Fast-track your career advancement. International business majors have the opportunity to qualify for advanced standing in our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. This gives you the option to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in as few as five years.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A bachelor's degree in international business prepares you for a variety of career options and graduate-level programs.
For example, this includes jobs as a:
- Cultural adviser
- Foreign service worker
- International banking officer
- International market development consultant
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
Here, 100% of traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. More than a graduation requirement, this hands-on opportunity helps you explore your vocation and gain the practical experience necessary for career success.
With support from campus resources such as the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students have landed internships at organizations such as:
- Bethany Christian Services
- Experiential Learning International
- Old Orchards Brands
- World Renew
Cornerstone graduates are influencers in their work, neighborhoods and world for Christ. You can find them building lives that matter in West Michigan and countries around the world.
Because of their broad knowledge base, major-specific skills and servant leadership qualities, our alumni have contributed value to teams at:
- Bluewater Technologies
- Herman Miller
- KAT Communications
- Law Bulletin Publishing Company
- World Renew
of our 2016 international business graduates were working or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.