The international business major prepares you to excel as a culturally astute business professional in the context of a dynamic global economy. It trains you in aspects of accounting, economics, finance, marketing and management. It equips you with knowledge of cultural protocols, communication variables and trade laws. And it empowers you to excel as an influencer in our world for Christ.
Here, we take a holistic approach to leadership and spiritual formation because the values you bring to your work matter. From participation in a required international business experience to encounters with real-world case studies in the classroom, expert professors provide the training necessary to support your growth as a well-rounded individual and emerging professional.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Expect more interaction with expert faculty. At Cornerstone, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive.
- Expand your career options. Based on your vocational interests, take advantage of the opportunity to add a second major such as business marketing to your four-year plan. This further increases your marketability as a young professional.
- Fast-track your career advancement. International business majors have the opportunity to qualify for advanced standing in our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. This gives you the option to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in as few as five years.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A bachelor's degree in international business prepares you for a range of career options and graduate programs.
- Cultural adviser
- Foreign service worker
- International banking officer
- International market development consultant
All traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. This experience helps you explore your calling and gain practical career skills.
With guidance from the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students land internships at trusted businesses and nonprofits around the world.
- Bethany Christian Services
- Experiential Learning International
- Old Orchards Brands
- World Renew
of traditional undergraduate business students from the class of 2018 were working or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
Importantly, our recent graduates also shared that they love their work. Of respondents, 87 percent reported a genuine interest in what they are doing.
Cornerstone alumni are tireless in their passion to influence our world for Christ as servant leaders. You can find CU graduates building lives that matter at workplaces based in West Michigan and beyond.
- Bluewater Technologies
- Herman Miller
- KAT Communications
- Law Bulletin Publishing Company
- World Renew
College Is About More Than a Degree
At Cornerstone, knowledge is about more than memorizing facts. Here, you will develop a deeper understanding of people, life and God. You will conquer challenges, grow in wisdom and make more memories than you can count.
For seven reasons on why a four-year, liberal arts Christian college is a great choice and wise investment, download our guide.