Our world needs Christ-centered influencers, professionals and business leaders. A major in international business prepares you for positions in international organizations, international business and international mission services.
Qualities for Career Success
Cornerstone University's academic programs reflect our commitment to develop your knowledge, skills and attitudes in five distinct yet interconnected areas: specialized knowledge, applied knowledge and collaborative learning, intellectual skills, civic and global learning and biblical worldview integration.
This means that successful completion of our Bachelor of Science in International Business degree program equips you to:
- Understand the international marketplace from internal, external and Christian worldview perspectives including: market roles and realities, economic theory and forces, management strategies, price system/consumer behavior, supply/demand, domestic and international regulation/marketplace, management (four functions), marketing in contemporary society and financial/accounting statements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the international economic environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the international business environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of international marketing practices.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the complexities of business management practices.
- Demonstrate ethical leadership and proficiency in analyzing, organizing and executing international business strategy through interpretive, interactive and innovative marketplace action in response to internal and external environments. This includes knowledge of analytic tools (gather/gain meaning from data), effective business communication methodology (oral, written and other industry-specific), business plan artifacts (financial, etc.), marketing strategy (five Ps), teamwork, leadership and innovation/entrepreneurship.
- Demonstrate the ability to research and analyze international business issues.
- Communicate results of research and analysis effectively.
- Demonstrate the ability to create an international business strategy.
- Demonstrate the ability to create an international marketing strategy.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with others in a team to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate your ability to integrate both traditional and non-traditional cognitive skills, including analytical inquiry, information literacy, quantitative fluency and communicative fluency.
- Demonstrate intercultural competence in addressing civic, social, environmental and economic issues.
- Articulate a Christ-centered worldview and its personal, professional and communal embodiment through Christian virtues.