Linguistics is the study of language. Students within the linguistics program will explore the structure and use of language. Laguage study will be applied to the teaching and learning of language.
In January 2015, Online Christian Colleges ranked Cornerstone University as one of 20 best schools for Linguistics.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Humanities
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Arts
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
Download a sample degree plan for a major in Linguistics.
- Linguistic History of the English Language
Linguistics Degree Outcomes
Our graduates can be found working with people of diverse languages and cultures. They are graduate students in linguistics and Bible translation and work in the field of Bible translation and literacy. They are also teachers of English and other languages around the globe.
- Caley Bolderson (B.A. '13) serves as an AmeriCorps Member and ESL Instructor for Bethany Christian Services in Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Eric North (B.A. '13) is an ESL and SLA Instructor at Conexion 10/40 in Duluth, Ga.
- Emily Most (B.A. '12) enrolled as a Master of Arts Student in Computational Linguistics at the University of Colorado Boulder.