In January 2015, Online Christian Colleges ranked Cornerstone University as one of 20 best schools for Linguistics.
A major in Linguistics is appropriate for students who are interested in further study in foreign languages or linguistics.
Download a sample degree plan for a major in Linguistics.
- Linguistic History of the English Language
Students have opportunities to intern and partner with organizations such as Wycliffe Bible Translators, Kent County Literacy Council, and Bethany Christian Services. Students also have the opportunity to work at international locations with missions organizations.
- Emily Most, B.A. 2012 | Master of Arts Student in Computational Linguistics at the University of Colorado Boulder
- Eric North, B.A. 2013 | ESL and SLA Instructor at Conexion 10/40 in Duluth, GA
- Caley Bolderson, B.A. 2013 | AmeriCorps Member and ESL Instructor for Bethany Christian Services in Grand Rapids, MI
- 2011 | An ESL Ministry Handbook: Contexts and Principles by Michael Pasquale
- 2011 | Every Tribe and Tongue: A Biblical Vision for Language in Society by Michael Pasquale
- 2013 | "The Folk Linguistics of Language Teaching and Learning" in Psycholinguistic and Sociolinguistic Perspectives on Second Language Learning and Teaching by Michael Pasquale, Ph.D. & Dennis Preston
Our graduates can be found working with people of diverse languages and cultures. They are graduate students in linguistics and Bible translation and work in the field of Bible translation and literacy. They are also teachers of English and other languages around the globe.