The ministry major prepares you to engage our postmodern culture as a competent, caring and creative professional. It equips you to apply creative problem solving and design thinking in church or parachurch ministry settings. It empowers you to seek emotional health for yourself and others. And it competitively positions you for your vocation with practical and specialized ministry knowledge.
Here, we take a holistic approach to ministry. From course work in interpersonal relationships to spiritual formation, professors provide hands-on training to support your growth as a well-rounded individual and professional.
- Expect more interaction with expert faculty. At Cornerstone, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive.
- Learn how to practice and apply creative habits. Because ministry needs innovative leaders, we train you to thrive in the marketplace as a master adapter. Rather than taking tests to assess your knowledge, you'll complete projects and experiential learning assignments that you can use in real world ministry contexts.
- Expand your career options. Specializations allow you to focus on a particular vocational interest and customize your degree program. Choose from specialized knowledge tracks in youth, children, camping, sports, parachurch, urban ministry and more!
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Bible, Religion & Ministry
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Major Credit Hours: 50 (requires minor)
- Minor Credit Hours: 18
- Career Opportunities:
- Parachurch organizations
- Children's or young adult ministries
- Sports ministry
- Seminary or theological studies
- Urban, youth or camping ministries
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- Fall semester—August 15
- Spring semester—January 1
You can earn a Bachelor of Science in Ministry degree in four years.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide to preview the steps required to complete your degree.
100% of Cornerstone University's traditional undergraduate students complete an internship experience.
Ministry majors have received hands-on, professional training as interns with these organizations:
- Berkley Hills Wesleyan Church
- Gioventù in Missione — YWAM
- Solomon's Porch Community Church
- Sunshine Ministries
- Urban Family Ministries
- Youth for Christ