The ministry major prepares you to engage our postmodern culture as a competent, caring and creative professional. It equips you to apply creative problem solving and design thinking in church or parachurch ministry settings. It empowers you to seek emotional health for yourself and others. And it competitively positions you for your vocation with practical and specialized ministry knowledge.
Here, we take a holistic approach to ministry. From course work in interpersonal relationships to spiritual formation, professors provide hands-on training to support your growth as a well-rounded individual and professional.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Expect more interaction with expert faculty. At Cornerstone, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive.
- Learn how to practice and apply creative habits. Because ministry needs innovative leaders, we train you to thrive in the marketplace as a master adapter. Rather than taking tests to assess your knowledge, you'll complete projects and experiential learning assignments that you can use in real world ministry contexts.
- Expand your career options. Specializations allow you to focus on a particular vocational interest and customize your degree program. Choose from specialized knowledge tracks in youth, children, camping, sports, parachurch, urban ministry and more!
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Bible, Religion & Ministry
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A bachelor's degree in ministry prepares you for a range of career options and graduate programs.
- Parachurch organizations
- Children's or young adult ministries
- Sports ministry
- Seminary or theological studies
- Urban, youth or camping ministries
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
100% of our traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. More than a graduation requirement, this real-world experience helps you explore your calling and gain practical skills for career success.
With guidance from the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students land internships at trusted businesses and nonprofits around the world.
- Camp Michawana
- Crossroads Bible Church
- Gioventù in Missione—YWAM
- Urban Family Ministries
- West Michigan Youth for Christ
Cornerstone alumni are tireless in their passion to influence our world for Christ as servant leaders. You can find CU graduates building lives that matter at workplaces based in West Michigan and beyond.
- Baker Book House
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First Baptist of Fort Lauderdale
- Montmorency County Commission on Aging
- Sylvester Community Church
of our traditional undergraduate ministry majors from the class of 2016 were working, continuing their education or choosing to volunteer at local organizations within six months of graduation.