The ministry major prepares you to engage our postmodern culture as a competent, caring and creative professional. It equips you to apply creative problem solving and design thinking in church or parachurch ministry settings. It empowers you to seek emotional health for yourself and others. And it competitively positions you for your vocation with practical and specialized ministry knowledge.
Here, we take a holistic approach to ministry. From course work in interpersonal relationships to spiritual formation, professors provide hands-on training to support your growth as a well-rounded individual and professional.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Expect more interaction with expert faculty. At Cornerstone, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive.
- Learn how to practice and apply creative habits. Because ministry needs innovative leaders, we train you to thrive in the marketplace as a master adapter. Rather than taking tests to assess your knowledge, you'll complete projects and experiential learning assignments that you can use in real world ministry contexts.
- Expand your career options. Specializations allow you to focus on a particular vocational interest and customize your degree program. Choose from specialized knowledge tracks in youth, children, camping, sports, parachurch, urban ministry and more!
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Bible, Religion & Ministry
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A bachelor's degree in ministry prepares you for a range of career options and graduate programs.
- Parachurch organizations
- Children's or young adult ministries
- Sports ministry
- Seminary or theological studies
- Urban, youth or camping ministries
From personable faculty to one-on-one advising appointments, we have resources to support you in reaching your goals and being successful in your classes.
See our sample degree plan for the list of classes you'll take as a ministry major.
All traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. This experience helps you explore your calling and gain practical career skills.
With guidance from the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students land internships at trusted businesses and nonprofits around the world.
- Camp Michawana
- Crossroads Bible Church
- Gioventù in Missione—YWAM
- Urban Family Ministries
- West Michigan Youth for Christ
of traditional undergraduate Bible Division students from the class of 2018 were working or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
Importantly, our recent graduates also shared that they love their work. Of respondents, 95 percent reported a genuine interest in what they are doing.
Cornerstone alumni are tireless in their passion to influence our world for Christ as servant leaders. You can find CU graduates building lives that matter at workplaces based in West Michigan and beyond.
- Baker Book House
- Bethany Christian Services
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First Baptist of Fort Lauderdale
- Montmorency County Commission on Aging
- Sky Ranch
- Sylvester Community Church
College Is About More Than a Degree
At Cornerstone, knowledge is about more than memorizing facts. Here, you will develop a deeper understanding of people, life and God. You will conquer challenges, grow in wisdom and make more memories than you can count.
For seven reasons on why a four-year, liberal arts Christian college is a great choice and wise investment, download our guide.