The Missions Aviation degree is designed to integrate a concentration in aircraft maintenance with an elective second year in flight training, thereby giving the graduate valuable training for work on the mission field. The graduate will typically require some additional experiential work in the aviation field before being accepted into a missions agency.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Bible, Religion & Ministry
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Major Credit Hours: 44 (requires minor)
- Career Opportunities: This program is a Bible, Religion, & Ministry degree with a concentration in Missions Aviation. Students enrolled in this program are prepared academically to engage with missions organizations that employ missionary aviators.
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- Fall semester—August 15
- Spring semester—January 1
The technical concentration for this degree is completed at the School of Missionary Aviation Technology (SMAT) upon completion of the sophomore year at Cornerstone. It will be necessary to complete the pre-entrance requirements of SMAT before proceeding with the technical training. Cornerstone will accept the FAA certificate earned by the graduates of SMAT's one- and two-year programs as evidence of prior learning, in the amount of 60 (sixty) credits, towards a bachelor of science (B.S.) degree in Missions Aviation.
Major Courses and Catalog
In addition to completing the university's core curriculum and the School of Missionary Aviation Technology's (SMAT) technical requirements, the Bachelor of Science in Missions Aviation degree requires the following classes:
- CMI-223 Cultural Anthropology (3 credit hours)
- CMI-311 Evangelism & Discipleship (3 credit hours)
- CMI-334 Spiritual Formation (3 credit hours)
- CMI-444 Contemporary Global Issues (3 credit hours)
- REL-103 Biblical Hermeneutics (3 credit hours)
- REL-130 OT Literature for BRM Majors (3 credit hours)
- REL-212 Religions of the World (3 credit hours)
- REL-236 NT Literature for BRM Majors (3 credit hours)
- REL-354 Theology I (3 credit hours)
- REL-356 Theology II (3 credit hours)
- REL-380 Internship (3 credit hours)
- REL-43X Bible Analysis Course (3 credit hours)
- REL-462 Senior Seminar (2 credit hours)
- Program electives (6 credit hours)
For course descriptions and graduation requirements, view the 2016-17 Cornerstone University Undergraduate Academic Catalog.