Non-profit administration equips you to excel as a business leader in the growing non-profit sector. It prepares you to steward financial resources. It trains you to manage teams and personnel according to best practices in human resources. And it empowers you to enact change in your community and organization as an influencer for Christ.
Here, we take a holistic approach to leadership development because the values you bring to your work matter. From course work in non-profit law and governance to fund development, our professors incorporate biblical worldview applications in each class.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Expect more interaction with expert faculty. At Cornerstone, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive.
- Get involved in leadership development. Student-led organizations, clubs and initiatives give you the chance to apply leadership principles beyond the classroom. For example, Enactus works to address local and international needs with sustainable solutions.
- Fast-track your career advancement. Non-profit administration majors have the opportunity to qualify for advanced standing in our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. This gives you the option to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in as few as five years.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A bachelor's degree in non-profit administration prepares you for a range of career options and graduate programs.
- Development director
- Director of fundraising
- Director of human services
- Executive director
- Operations manager
- Program director
All traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. This experience helps you explore your calling and gain practical career skills.
With guidance from the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students land internships at trusted businesses and nonprofits around the world.
- Bridge Street House of Prayer
- Grand Rapids Public Museum
- West Michigan Refugee Education Center
- West Michigan Youth for Christ
- World Renew
of traditional undergraduate business students from the class of 2018 were working or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
Importantly, our recent graduates also shared that they love their work. Of respondents, 87 percent reported a genuine interest in what they are doing.
Cornerstone alumni are tireless in their passion to influence our world for Christ as servant leaders. You can find CU graduates building lives that matter at workplaces based in West Michigan and beyond.
- Ada Bible Church
- Alpha Women's Center
- Bethany Christian Services
- Keys for Kids Ministries
- Reformation Heritage Books
- Woodside Bible Church
College Is About More Than a Degree
At Cornerstone, knowledge is about more than memorizing facts. Here, you will develop a deeper understanding of people, life and God. You will conquer challenges, grow in wisdom and make more memories than you can count.
For seven reasons on why a four-year, liberal arts Christian college is a great choice and wise investment, download our guide.