Non-profit administration equips you to excel as a business leader in the growing non-profit sector. It prepares you to steward financial resources. It trains you to manage teams and personnel according to best practices in human resources. And it empowers you to enact change in your community and organization as an influencer for Christ.
Here, we take a holistic approach to leadership development because the values you bring to your work matter. From course work in non-profit law and governance to fund development, our professors incorporate biblical worldview applications in each class.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Expect more interaction with expert faculty. At Cornerstone, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive.
- Get involved in leadership development. Student-led organizations, clubs and initiatives give you the chance to apply leadership principles beyond the classroom. For example, Enactus works to address local and international needs with sustainable solutions.
- Fast-track your career advancement. Non-profit administration majors have the opportunity to qualify for advanced standing in our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. This gives you the option to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in as few as five years.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Development director
- Director of fundraising
- Director of human services
- Executive director
- Operations manager
- Program director
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
Here, 100% of traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. More than a graduation requirement, this hands-on opportunity helps you explore your vocation and gain the practical experience necessary for career success.
With support from campus resources such as the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students have landed internships at organizations such as:
- Bridge Street House of Prayer
- Grand Rapids Public Museum
- West Michigan Refugee Education Center
- West Michigan Youth for Christ
- World Renew
Cornerstone graduates are influencers in their work, neighborhoods and world for Christ. You can find them building lives that matter in West Michigan and countries around the world.
Because of their broad knowledge base, major-specific skills and servant leadership qualities, they've contributed value to teams at:
- Ada Bible Church
- Alpha Women's Center
- Bethany Christian Services
- Keys for Kids Ministries
- Reformation Heritage Books