Extend your interest in the life of the mind by exploring and interacting with the development of philosophical tradition from the basis of a Christian worldview. You'll cultivate skills in critical thinking, moral reflection and intellectual dialogue, developing a distinctly Christian approach to philosophy and ability to engage in the intellectual spirits of the age.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Humanities
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Arts
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
You will be prepared for careers requiring skills in:
- Advanced Writing
- Aesthetic Understanding
- Critical Reading and Thinking
- Logical and Analytical Thinking
- Sensitivity to Cultural Differences
- Time and Resource Management
- Wide Range of Knowledge
Download a sample degree plan for a major in Philosophy.
- Plato and Aristotle
- Modern Political Philosophy
- Globalization and Localization
- Matt Harrison teaches philosophy and literature.
- Jack Baker is a Ph.D. student in literature and philosophy at Purdue University.
- Branson Parler is a Professor of Philosophy at Kuyper College.
- 2009 | Indwelling the Forsaken Other: The Trinitarian Ethics of Jürgen Moltmann by Matt Bonzo, Ph.D.
- 2009 | After Worldview: Christian Higher Education in Postmodern Worlds by Matt Bonzo, Ph.D. & Michael Stevens, Ph.D.
- 2008 | Wendell Berry and the Cultivation of Life: A Reader's Guide by Matt Bonzo, Ph.D. & Michael Stevens, Ph.D.
- 2014 | "To Teach" in Ancient Israel: A Cognitive Linguistic Study of a Biblical Hebrew Lexical Set by Michael VanDyke