A concentration in physical therapy allows you to bridge knowledge of human anatomy and the physiological changes that occur while exercising to introductory knowledge of techniques and practices utilized to address injuries and restore range of motion.
Beyond fulfilling the requirements for a major in Exercise Science, you'll complete six courses, meeting the course prerequisites summary of the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service published by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Kinesiology, Science, Engineering & Mathematics
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
Upon completion of graduate course work, you'll have opportunities to develop and serve as a practitioner of the following skills:
- Conduct patient assessments and evaluations.
- Contribute to research in the field.
- Coordinate individualized conditioning schedules.
- Implement programs to treat diseases and injuries.
- Utilize goal formation techniques for rehabilitation.
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
100% of our traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. More than a graduation requirement, this real-world experience helps you explore your calling and gain practical skills for career success.
With guidance from the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students land internships at trusted businesses and nonprofits around the world.
- The Center for Physical Rehabilitation
- Comprehensive Physical Therapy Center
- Northern Physical Therapy & Fitness
- SIMIO Physical Therapy
- Spectrum Health
Cornerstone alumni are tireless in their passion to influence our world for Christ as servant leaders. You can find CU graduates building lives that matter at workplaces based in West Michigan and beyond.
- Athletico Physical Therapy
- Excel Physical Therapy
- HomeCare of Holland Home
- Spectrum Health
Our Kinesiology, Science, Engineering & Mathematics Division students receive admission to respected graduate schools.
- Andrews University
- Central Michigan University
- Grand Valley State University
- University of Maryland
- University of Michigan
- Wayne State University