A concentration in physical therapy allows you to bridge knowledge of human anatomy and the physiological changes that occur while exercising to introductory knowledge of techniques and practices utilized to address injuries and restore range of motion.
Beyond fulfilling the requirements for a major in Exercise Science, you'll complete six courses, meeting the course prerequisites summary of the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service published by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Kinesiology, Science & Mathematics
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
Upon completion of graduate course work, you'll have opportunities to develop and serve as a practitioner of the following skills:
- Conduct Patient Assessments & Evaluations
- Contribute to Research in the Field
- Coordinate Individualized Conditioning Schedules
- Implement Programs to Treat Diseases and Injuries
- Utilize Goal Formation Techniques for Rehabilitation
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
Here, 100% of traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. More than a graduation requirement, this hands-on opportunity helps you explore your vocation and gain the practical experience necessary for career success.
With support from campus resources such as the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students have landed internships at organizations such as:
- Comprehensive Physical Therapy Center
- Northern Physical Therapy & Fitness
- SIMIO Physical Therapy
- Spectrum Health
- The Center for Physical Rehabilitation
Cornerstone graduates are influencers in their work, neighborhoods and world for Christ. You can find them building lives that matter in West Michigan and countries around the world.
Because of their broad knowledge base, major-specific skills and servant leadership qualities, they've contributed value to teams at:
- HomeCare of Holland Home
- Andrews University
- Central Michigan University
- Grand Valley State University
- Wayne State University