Take your passion for helping others and show the love of Christ through your career. Develop skills to advocate for and provide compassionate, competent care to those in need.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Kinesiology, Science, Engineering & Mathematics
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science
- Format: On campus
- Location: Grand Rapids
From personable faculty to one-on-one advising appointments, we have resources to support you in reaching your goals and being successful in your classes.
See our sample degree plan for the list of classes you'll take as a pre-physician's assistant major.
All traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. This experience helps you explore your calling and gain practical career skills.
With guidance from the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students land internships at trusted businesses and nonprofits around the world.
- Cherry Valley Family Physicians Group
- Spectrum Health
- Missions hospitals in Papua, New Guinea, and Togo, South Africa
Our Kinesiology, Science, Engineering & Mathematics Division students receive admission to respected graduate schools.
- Grand Valley State University
- University of Maryland
- University of Michigan
of all our traditional undergraduate students from the class of 2018 were employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
How to Prepare for this Degree Program
- Hone your math skills—espcially in college algebra and pre-calculus (at a minimum).
- Take Advanced Placement courses in math, life sciences and physical sciences. However, be aware that while Cornerstone awards credit for good scores on AP exams, not all graduate schools will accept AP courses in lieu of an actual college-level course.
Career Guide for STEM Majors
Graduates of STEM programs are changing the world. To learn more about why you should consider a pre-physician's assistant major and what you can do with a STEM degree, get our STEM-specific career guide.