Our world needs Christ-centered influencers, professionals and communicators. A major in professional writing prepares you to excel as an influencer in your vocation.
Qualities for Career Success
Cornerstone University's academic programs reflect our commitment to develop your knowledge, skills and attitudes in five distinct yet interconnected areas: specialized knowledge, applied knowledge and collaborative learning, intellectual skills, civic and global learning and biblical worldview integration.
This means that successful completion of our Bachelor of Arts in Professional Writing degree program equips you to:
- Analyze forms of written discourse using appropriate terminology and concepts.
- Identify craft elements specific to the genre.
- Identify potential markets and media for your work.
- Compose focused, organized, coherent and purposeful texts.
- Edit nonfiction works according to editorial and market expectations.
- Produce publishable texts for a variety of markets.
- Demonstrate your ability to integrate both traditional and non-traditional cognitive skills, including analytical inquiry, information literacy, quantitative fluency and communicative fluency.
- Demonstrate intercultural competence in addressing civic, social, environmental and economic issues.
- Articulate a Christ-centered worldview and its personal, professional and communal embodiment through Christian virtues.