Prepare to be the catalyst between writer and reader. Develop the skills needed to communicate, edit and analyze. And be equipped with knowledge to conduct your work through a lens of faith.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Expect more interaction with expert faculty. At Cornerstone, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning and collaboration. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive and care about you as a whole person.
- Attend on-campus workshops. Each year, Cornerstone hosts Breathe Christian Writers Conference, a two-day writing conference. This gives you an opportunity to meet area writers and network with editors.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Humanities
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Arts
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A bachelor's degree in publishing prepares you for a range of career options and graduate programs.
- Copy editor
- Editorial assistant
- Media relations
- Promotion specialist
- Publicity manager
- Technical writer
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
100% of our traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. More than a graduation requirement, this real-world experience helps you explore your calling and gain practical skills for career success.
With guidance from the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students land internships at trusted businesses and nonprofits around the world.
- Baker Publishing
- Ford Motor Company
- Oakland Press
- Rockford Squire Newspaper
- Women At Risk, International
Cornerstone alumni are tireless in their passion to influence our world for Christ as servant leaders. You can find CU graduates building lives that matter at workplaces based in West Michigan and beyond.100%
of our traditional undergraduate publishing majors from the class of 2016 were working within six months of graduation.