A major in sports management integrates your passion for athletics and business acumen. It increases your understanding of trends and patterns of change in the culture of sport. It prepares you to manage event planning processes, coordinate entertainment programming and conduct media relations tasks. And it equips you to excel as a Christ-centered business leader or talent manager in a diverse field.
Here, you can expect to learn how to lead and manage people. We intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive in your faith and work.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Hear from Christ-centered, first-rate business executives. The Business Division hosts many on-campus events each semester. These allow you to network with potential mentors and stay up-to-date on developments in the business world.
- Get involved in leadership development. Student-led organizations, clubs and initiatives give you the chance to apply leadership principles in meaningful ways. For example, Enactus works to address local and international needs with sustainable solutions.
- Fast-track your career advancement. Sports management majors have the opportunity to qualify for advanced standing in our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. This gives you the option to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in as few as five years.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
100% of our traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. More than a graduation requirement, this real-world experience helps you explore your calling and gain practical skills for career success.
With guidance from the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students land internships at trusted businesses and nonprofits around the world.
- Detroit Pistons
- Forest Hills Central High School
- Grand Rapids Football Club
- Midwest United Soccer Club
- West Michigan Sports Commission
Cornerstone alumni are tireless in their passion to influence our world for Christ as servant leaders. You can find CU graduates building lives that matter at workplaces based in West Michigan and beyond.
- Detroit Tigers
- Neurocore Pro
- Orange Tree Golf Club
- South Carolina Football Hall of Fame
- Triple-A Baseball
- West Michigan Whitecaps
of our traditional undergraduate sports management majors from the class of 2016 were working or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.