Worship Arts students recognize that people are starving for the greatness of God. Training you to respond, a major in Worship Arts integrates three areas of study: Music, Bible and Media. Our four-year degree program prepares you to become well-equipped for fruitful ministry in the local church, grow as a skilled musician and excel as a leader who possesses strong interpersonal skills.
Do you seek to grow in your capacity to create opportunities for a gathered church to encounter Him? Your passion for His word and creative spirit matter.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Music
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Arts
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Major Credit Hours: 86
- Program Acceptance: Requires participation in a first semester jury exam.
- Career Opportunities:
- Church music director
- Worship leader
- Worship musician
- Youth music ministry
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- Fall semester—August 15
- Spring semester—January 1
Earn your Bachelor of Arts in Worship Arts degree in four years.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide to preview the steps required to complete your degree.
100% of Cornerstone University's traditional undergraduate students complete an internship experience.
Worship arts majors have received hands-on, professional training as interns with these organizations:
- Central Wesleyan Church
- Cornerstone University
- Faith Baptist Church
- Harvest Naperville
- Tabernacle Community Church
Major Courses and Catalog
In addition to completing the university's core curriculum, the Bachelor of Arts in Worship Arts degree requires the following classes:
- CMI-221 Learning, Liturgy and Technology — 3 credit hours
- CMI-252 Interpersonal & Intrapersonal Relationships in Ministry — 3 credit hours
- CMI-334 Spiritual Formation — 3 credit hours
- MDA-262 Live Sound with Lab — 4 credit hours
- MDA-281 Audio Production II — 3 credit hours
- MUA-XXX Applied Major—8 semesters — 8 credit hours
- MUP-X01, X11, X21 Large Ensemble—Chancel Singers, Chorale or Symphonic Winds — 8 credit hours
- MUP-141, 171 Contemporary Ensemble or Worship Ensemble — 2 credit hours
- MUS-099 Performance Lab—8 semesters
- MUS-113, 114, 213 Aural Perception I, II, III — 3 credit hours
- MUS-117, 118, 217 Music Theory & Analysis I, II, III — 9 credit hours
- MUS-171 Introduction to Music Technology — 3 credit hours
- MUS-221, 222, 225 Music History, Literature and Form I, II, III — 9 credit hours
- MUS-251 Basic Conducting — 3 credit hours
- MUS-334 Music & Worship — 3 credit hours
- MUS-337 Church Music, Methods & Materials — 3 credit hours
- MUS-380 Internship — 3 credit hours
- MUS-440 Senior Recital
- MUS-441 Capstone Seminar: Senior Recital Project — 1 credit hour
- REL-103 Biblical Hermeneutics — 3 credit hours
- REL-33X Biblical Literature Course — 3 credit hours
- REL-43X Bible Analysis Course — 3 credit hours
- Program electives — 6 credit hours
For course descriptions and graduation requirements, view the 2016-17 Cornerstone University Undergraduate Academic Catalog.