Worship Arts students recognize that people are starving for the greatness of God. Training you to respond, the Worship Arts major integrates three areas of study: Music, Bible, and Media. Our four-year degree program prepares you to become well-equipped for fruitful ministry in the local church, grow as a skilled musician, and excel as a leader who possesses strong interpersonal skills.
Do you seek to grow in your capacity to create opportunities for a gathered church to encounter Him? Your passion for His word and creative spirit matter. Download the Music Division Catalog to see available majors, course descriptions, and program information.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Music
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Arts
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A four-year bachelor's degree with a major in Worship Arts prepares you for a variety of professional roles:
- Church Music Director
- Worship Leader
- Worship Musician
- Youth Music Ministry
Earn your bachelor's degree in four years. Download a sample program plan for a major in Worship Arts.
- MUS-337 Church Music, Methods and Materials: Study current denominational music practices, designing musical components of worship services for a variety of settings.
- MDA-262 Live Sound Production: Explore topics such as signal flow and speaker coverage, mixing live sound for campus events.
- MUS-334 Music and Worship: Develop a philosophy of worship and aesthetics through a survey of the development of music in the church and worship throughout scripture.