Cornerstone University's online programs are designed to be flexible and convenient for adults that want a college education that is practical and relevant to their workplace and ministry.
An online education from Cornerstone University provides teaching from a Christian worldview, empowering men and women to excel as influencers in our world for Christ and offering a student-focused learning community where Jesus Christ is central.
CU Online Recognitions
CU Online is highly recognized, and has received the honor of being included in lists such as the 2015 US News & World Report Best Online Bachelor's Programs and the 50 Best Online Master's Degree Programs of 2015. More information on the recognition CU Online has received can be found at cornerstone.edu/why-cornerstone-university/cu-online.
Transfer Credit Information
Cornerstone University will accept transfer credit from the following types of institutions:
- Cornerstone University agrees to participate in the Michigan Transfer Agreement as a receiving institution. For more information, visit www.macrao.org or contact the PGS admissions office at 1.800.947.2382.
- All regionally accredited institutions.
- All Accrediting Association of Bible Colleges accredited institutions or institutions with a G listing or higher in the AACRAO Information Bulletin.
- Non-accredited institutions, if those institutions supply three letters of acceptance from regionally accredited institutions to the Registrar’s Office.
- Credits from non-accredited institutions are limited as follows:
- 75 semester hours from a 4-year institution
- 62 semester hours from a 3-year institution
- 40 semester hours from a 2-year institution
- 25 semester hours from a 1-year institution
- 30 semester hours in practical nursing
- The following non-accredited institutions due to the nature of their relationship to Cornerstone: Bob Jones University, Grand Rapids School of Bible and Music, Spurgeon Baptist College and Word of Life Bible Institute.
Transfer credit will not be given for remedial or non-college level work or for any course in which a grade lower than a C- (1.7) was received. GPA does not transfer with the credit transferred. No course work will transfer as upper level (300-400) unless the course is designated as such from the originating institution. Recommendations for credit as written in published guides by the American Council on Education will be recognized and accepted as transfer credit. Credit transferred from schools that are on a quarter system will be transferred as .66 (2/3) semester hours for every quarter hour. If a student wishes to take a course at another institution after transcript evaluation is complete, he/she should contact a Professional & Graduate Studies academic adviser and complete a Guest Application/Transfer Credit Pre-Approval form before the beginning of the class in order to verify the acceptance of these courses.
The evaluation of foreign educational credentials for possible transfer credit to Cornerstone University must be evaluated by an outside agency. The student is responsible for following the procedure required by the agency and for paying the required fees.
Cornerstone University recommends the following agency:
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470