Congratulations on making Cornerstone University your new home! This is your spot for all of your next steps leading up to your arrival to campus, including exclusive events for incoming students.
For updates regarding plans for the Fall 2020 semester in light of COVID-19, take a look at these New Student FAQs.
The general student enrollment paperwork packet is now available for download. Reference this as a guide to answer many of your questions and keep you on track for meeting enrollment paperwork deadlines.
Please note: All times subject to change. Finalized schedules will be distributed early to mid-August. New student-athletes, missionary and international students and students participating in the Pathway program may have a slightly altered enrollment packet to come.
New Student Checklist and Summer Timeline
All items should be completed by Arrival Day unless stated differently. Below is a quick timeline of summer deadlines and events for incoming students. Please refer to this page or contact Admissions with any questions.
- July 1 | Paperwork Deadline 1
- Mid-July | Class Schedules & Fall Tuition Bills Mailed
- Aug. 12 | Athlete arrivals begin
- Move-in dates are different for each sport. Find your schedule on our Welcome Week page.
- Aug. 15 | Paperwork Deadline 2
- Aug. 17 | Pathway program Arrival Day | Orientation Schedule
- Aug. 18 & 19 | New Student Arrival Days | Find your schedule on our Welcome Week page.
- Various Dates | Tuition and Room & Board Payment Due
Students must pay their bill in full, or have a payment plan set up by the days below:
- Residential Students: Move-in Day (varies if participating in a fall varsity sport)
- Commuters: First Day of Classes
Paperwork Deadline 1: July 1, 2020
The following items must be submitted by July 1 in order for you to finalize your class registration and health paperwork.
1. Registration Paperwork
Fall registration cannot be finalized without copies of the following items:
- Pre-Registration Form
- Final High School Transcript
- Final College Transcript
- AP or CLEP Scores
Please note: All final transcripts must be sent from the institution in a sealed envelope, while all AP and CLEP scores must be sent through College Board.
2. Health Services Paperwork
Complete and return your health forms by July 1. The forms included within your health services paperwork are listed below.
- Medical History Form
- Immunization History Form
- TB Self-Screening Tool
- Authorization to Treat Form
- New student-athletes must also complete the additional forms below. In order to access the following forms you must register on SWOL. Directions can be found here. These forms must be returned to the Athletic Office.
- Annual Health Physical
- Proof of Primary Insurance
- Medical Insurance Protocol
- New Incoming Student-Athlete Health History
Please note: Completing these forms may require you to schedule a doctor's appointment.
Items should be mailed to Cornerstone University:
ATTN: TUG Admissions Office
1001 East Beltline Ave NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Paperwork Deadline 2: Aug. 15, 2020
Students must finalize their admissions and financial aid files by submitting the below documents by Aug. 15.
Financial Aid & Student Services Paperwork
- Log in to your Cornerstone email account and complete required financial aid forms. This includes:
- Verification worksheets (if applicable)
- Master Promissory Note (if accepting student loans)
- Entrance Counseling (if accepting student loans)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Release Form
- Student Financial Agreement Form
- Release of All Claims
- Pay your tuition statement or set up a payment plan.
New Student Arrival Day and Welcome Week
As a new student, you are required to attend New Student Arrival Days. Welcome Week begins Aug. 18 and the first day of Terra Firma will begin Aug. 19. Student-athletes participating in fall sports may have an earlier arrival day. All athletes are still required to participate in the Arrival Day activities.
Ready to share your family's commitment to CU? Proud parents of CU students can download a Facebook photo frame to celebrate your student and value of a distinctive Christian education.
- Proud Parent of a Golden Eagle | Facebook Frame 1
- Proud Parent 2020 | Facebook Frame 2
- Proud Parent 2020 | Facebook Frame 3
On-Campus Student Employment
Students can browse, search and apply for on-campus employment opportunities through Handshake. If you have been accepted to Cornerstone and submitted your enrollment deposit, you can access Handshake using your CU student username and password.
Once you have accepted an on-campus job, you will need to complete the following steps to finalize your employment:
- Sign all required Human Resources documents and return them to HR.
- Bring unexpired, original ID to present to HR. One form of ID that qualifies is a valid US passport. Another option is to bring both a driver's license and a social security card. If you are not a US citizen or need other options, please contact HR.