Congratulations on making Cornerstone University your new home! This is your spot for all of your next steps leading up to your arrival to campus, including exclusive events for incoming students!
New Student Checklist and Summer Timeline
All items should be completed by Arrival Day unless stated differently. Below is a quick timeline of summer deadlines and events for incoming students. Please refer to this page or contact Admissions with any questions.
- June 14 | New Student Orientation Day
- July 1 | Paperwork Deadline 1 | View Checklist
- Mid-July | Class Schedules & Fall Tuition Bills Mailed
- Aug. 2 | Kickstart New Student Event
- Aug. 3 | Athlete arrivals begin
- Move-in dates are different for each sport. Find your schedule on our Welcome Week page.
- Mid-August | Residence Hall & Roommate Assignments Distributed
- Aug. 15 | Paperwork Deadline 2
- Aug. 27| Missionary Kid & International Student Orientation & Arrival Day
- Aug. 28| Pathway Program Arrival Day | Pathway Arrival Schedule
- Aug. 30 | New Student Arrival Day | Orientation Week Schedule
- Various Dates | Tuition and Room & Board Payment Due
Students must pay their bill in full, or have a payment plan set up by the days below:
- Residential Students: Move-in Day (varies if participating in a fall varsity sport)
- Commuters: First Day of Classes
Paperwork Deadline 1: July 1, 2019
The following items must be submitted by July 1 in order for you to finalize your class registration and health paperwork and to participate in the laptop program.
1. Registration Paperwork
Fall registration cannot be finalized without copies of the following items:
- Pre-Registration Form
- Final High School Transcript
- Final College Transcript
- AP or CLEP Scores
Please note: All final transcripts must be sent from the institution in a sealed envelope, while all AP and CLEP scores must be sent through College Board.
2. Health Services Paperwork
Complete and return your health forms by July 1. The forms included within your health services paperwork are listed below.
- Medical History Form
- Immunization History Form
- TB Self-Screening Tool
- Authorization to Treat Form
- New student-athletes must also complete the additional forms below. In order to access the following forms you must register on SWOL. Directions can be found here. These forms must be returned to the Athletic Office.
- Annual Health Physical
- Proof of Primary Insurance
- Medical Insurance Protocol
- New Incoming Student-Athlete Health History
Please note: Completing these forms may require you to schedule a doctor's appointment.
Items should be mailed to Cornerstone University:
ATTN: TUG Admissions Office
1001 East Beltline Ave NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
3. Laptop Program Order Form
If you're interested in participating in Cornerstone's laptop program, place your order by July 1 so that you can receive your laptop by New Student Arrival Day in August.
Paperwork Deadline 2: Aug. 15, 2019
Students must finalize their admissions and financial aid files by submitting the below documents by Aug. 15.
1. Financial Aid & Student Services Paperwork
- Log in to your Cornerstone email account and complete required financial aid forms. This includes:
- Verification worksheets (if applicable)
- Master Promissory Note (if accepting student loans)
- Entrance Counseling (if accepting student loans)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Release Form
- Student Financial Agreement Form
- Release of All Claims
New Student Arrival Day and Welcome Week
As a new student, you are required to attend New Student Arrival Day on Friday, Aug. 30. This is also the start of Welcome Week and the first day of Terra Firma. Student-athletes participating in fall sports may have an earlier arrival day. All athletes are still required to participate in the Arrival Day activities in the afternoon on Aug. 30.
Other Forms & Resources
- Student Disability Services
- Academic Calendar 2018-19
- Traditional Undergraduate Academic Catalog
Get acclimated with the class of 2023 this summer by meeting up with your future classmates. The events below are exclusively for deposited incoming freshmen and transfers.