As an international student or missionary kid, you can expect the enrollment process to take between two to six months to complete. We encourage you to start the application process for the fall semester no later than June 1.
U.S. citizens living abroad should begin by submitting an application for admission. International students, please continue with the application process listed below.
The First Step of Your Cornerstone Journey
To apply for admission to Cornerstone University as an international student, complete the following steps. If you plan to play collegiate athletics, you must also use the InCred evaluation service through the NAIA.
1. Apply online and send needed supporting documents.
Our application for admission is free. Apply online then, as part of your application, send these supporting documents:
- Official high school transcripts (minimum 2.5 grade-point average).
- Official college transcripts (if applicable).
- ACT or SAT scores, if taken (minimum ACT of 19; minimum SAT of 1000). These test scores are strongly recommended for scholarship consideration.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Test System (IETLS) Examination Scores: International students who are not from an English-speaking country are required to demonstrate their proficiency with the English language by submitting their TOEFL scores. The test must be taken within one year of the admission application date.
- TOEFL: A 550 written or 80 internet-based minimum score required.
- IELTS: The minimum required score is 6.5.
2. Once accepted to Cornerstone, fill out the financial support form.
The International Student Declaration of Finance form serves as evidence of your financial support through the date you expect to complete your degree program. Submit the form by March 1 to be considered for additional scholarships.
3. Pay your advanced tuition and housing deposit.
A $200 deposit is required after applying to Cornerstone. The purpose of this deposit is to reserve your housing and class registration.
Please note: An additional $2,800 is due once your visa is obtained. This amount will be applied toward your health insurance and first semester bill.
Application to this special program, sponsored by Cornerstone and Handong Global University or CHE, is restricted to enrolled students of either institution.
Interested students should contact the appropriate university representative for proper application instructions. This exchange program is a non-degree program and in most cases is limited to one term of enrollment at the host campus.
If you would like additional details, contact Dave Emerson, director of admissions, by email at email@example.com.