Wisdom to Count Our DaysBy Brittany Stichter on November 4, 2016
- To realize the value of one year, ask a student who failed a grade.
- To realize the value of one month, ask a mother who gave birth to a premature baby.
- To realize the value of one week, ask the editor of a weekly newspaper.
- To realize the value of one day, ask the person who was born on February 29th.
- To realize the value of one hour, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
- To realize the value of one minute, ask the person who missed the train.
- To realize the value of one second, ask the person who just avoided an accident.
- To realize the value of one millisecond, ask the person who won a silver medal in the Olympics.
Dr. Avila called us to "lament seeking wisdom," to make the most of every moment. Make each day a profitable day. Pay special attention to the unique opportunities God gives us. Don't miss them.
About the Speaker
Dr. Mariano Avila is a professor of New Testament at Calvin Theological Seminary and serves at his local church as well. He has earned numerous post-graduate degrees in both Mexico and the United States, including two doctorates and a Th.M. Dr. Avila has worked in multiple Bible translation projects and committees and has published many articles and books. He is married to Rosa Maria, and they have two married sons and one grandson.