The following are instructions for completing the story assignment that must be submitted with your application in order to be considered for admission into this summer’s Cornerstone Journalism Institute, which will meet the last full week of July at Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids, MI:
Write a paper about one of these topics:
- One or more things you are interested in the most and why
- An interesting person in your family, church or neighborhood
Requirements for paper:
- Use complete sentences, correct grammar
- Take care to spell check your story before submitting
- Write your name, address and phone number in upper left hand of your story page
- Your story should be approximately between 300 and 600 words
- Your story should be typed and double-spaced
With a personal or borrowed camera, take a cool photograph of a person or a pet out-of-doors.
Instructions for submission:
Your full payment may be sent to:
Alan Blanchard, CJI Executive Director
1001 E. Beltline Ave. NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
To pay with a credit card, please call 616.222.1504.
Important Note: Most students who apply are admitted to the Cornerstone Journalism Institute, on a first-come, first-served basis. The story and photo assignments are designed to help us know the skill level of students entering our institute.
Deadline: Pay $374 by Jan. 30, $399 by Feb. 28, or $424 by March 30, or $449 by April 30, or $474.00 by May 30, or $499.00 by June 30, or $524.00 July 1 or later ...
University Credit Option: High School students may be eligible to receive 1 semester hour of university credit if they successfully complete the summer institute and pay a specially reduced tuition rate of only $125 plus a course fee of $35.
Financial Need Scholarships: Students with financial need may be eligible to receive a partial or nearly-full scholarship to help defray the cost of the camp.