Israel, Palestine and Jordan Study Tour participants are selected by an application process. This includes an application essay and committee decision; the committee is comprised of biblical studies faculty and administrative personnel.
Priority is given to first-round applicants. Applications will be received on a rolling basis until the second round deadline as long as spots are available.
- First Round Application Deadline: May 31, 2019
- Second Round Application Deadline: Sept. 6, 2019
As the first step in the process, applicants must submit an application essay as a PDF file via email to email@example.com (and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org). The application essay should be no more than one page in length (single-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, 1-inch margins) and must include the following:
- Contact information (i.e., name, email, phone number and student ID if applicable).
- Reasons you would like to participate in the trip.
- Any previous experience in biblical lands.
- Which program are you in (Urban Cohort, M.Div., Other or non-degree; if you are in another GRTS program, please indicate if you would like to take the course for credit.)
- Current academic transcript attached (for degree-seeking students only).
Applicants will be notified within one week of the respective deadline informing them of a decision. Selected first round applicants will be required to pay the course fee, register with GTI and sign a confirmation form, trip agreement form, liability waiver and medical information form requiring a doctor's signature before being approved for course registration by June 21, 2019. Selected second round applicants will be required to fulfill these requirements by Sept. 27, 2019.
Once approved, applicants will be registered for the course by Grand Rapids Theological Seminary's Admissions Office.