Israel, Palestine and Jordan Study Tour participants are selected by an application process. This includes an application essay and committee decision; the committee is comprised of biblical studies faculty and administrative personnel.
Priority is given to first-round applicants. Applications will be received on a rolling basis until the second round deadline as long as spots are available.
- First Round Application Deadline: May 4, 2018
- Second Round Application Deadline: Sept. 8, 2018
As the first step in the process, applicants must submit an application essay as a PDF file via email to email@example.com (and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org). The application essay should be no more than one page in length (single-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, 1-inch margins) and must include the following:
- Contact information (i.e., name, email, phone number and student ID if applicable).
- Reasons you would like to participate in the trip.
- Any previous experience in biblical lands.
- Current academic transcript attached (for degree-seeking students only).
Applicants will be notified within one week of the respective deadline informing them of a decision. Selected applicants will be required to pay the course fee; register with GTI; and sign a confirmation form, trip agreement form, liability waiver and medical information form requiring a doctor's signature before being approved for course registration.
Once approved, applicants will be registered for the course by Grand Rapids Theological Seminary's Admissions Office.