The world is changing. A seminary degree should equip you for the challenges and opportunities of ministry. The Master of Arts in Christian Formation is designed to meet the needs of ministry training for today's culture. You will develop a deepened knowledge of the Bible, learn essential aspects of theology, foundational ideas in the Christian faith, and specialize in an area of ministry.
- 65 credits
- Strong emphasis on Bible and Theology as a foundation for ministry
- Choose from 6 areas of ministry specialization
- Fully accredited program
- Flexible scheduling
- Complete up to 1/4 of your degree online
- 77% students receive financial aid - grants and scholarships are available
- Complete your program while working full-time
Explore our degree programs to see what would fit your ministry goals best as you further your education.
The MA in Christian Formation degree provides specialized areas of training that reflect the many ways in which you can follow God's call to ministry.
Our program checklist shows the list of courses required for each part of the degree program. Depending on how many classes you want to take each semester, the typical student completes the program in 2-4 years. Full-time students take 11+ credits per semester and part-time students take 5-6 credits per semester.
Flexible scheduling means you only need to be on campus 1-2 times each week.
Degree Completion Plan
The following document is a sample of how you might schedule courses for the Master of Arts in Christian Formation degree program. The admissions team can help you to design your course plan in a way that fits your schedule.
Student Learning Objectives
Students who complete the Master of Arts in Christian Formation curriculum will be able to:
- Conduct basic biblical interpretation and application with reference to the English Bible texts.
- State a basic understanding of the primary elements of Christian theology.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge, values and practices essential to personal spiritual formation.
- Demonstrate basic competency in cultural intelligence and cultural exegesis.
Christian Formation Specialization
- Demonstrate a distinctively Christian philosophy of spiritual formation that is informed by sound education theory and best practices.
- Exhibit the knowledge and skills necessary for the effective communication of biblical truth.
- Demonstrate proficiency to direct people, resources, and programs necessary to the effective spiritual formation of individuals and communities.