Fall 2017 Talking Points Conference
On Oct. 17, 2017, Grand Rapids Theological Seminary hosted a conference to discuss how pastors, church leaders, counselors and individual Christians can love LGBT+ people in a way that embodies Christ's love, compassion and truth.
As followers of Christ, we are called to honor the dignity and worth of every human being made in God's image. How can churches with a historical, global and Christian view of sexuality and marriage be a place where LGBT+ people can find love, care and community? Our speakers made the case that churches do not need to change their theological position to love people well, and they gave practical insight on how to do so.
- Session 1: "People To Be Loved" with Dr. Preston Sprinkle
- Session 2: "The Gospel is Good News for Everyone Every Day" with Laurie Krieg
- Session 3: "Understanding the LGBT+ Conversation" with Dr. Preston Sprinkle and Laurie Krieg
- Session 4: "The Idolatry of Sex" with Matt Krieg, LLPC
- Session 5: "Practical Implications and Q&A" with panelists Dr. Preston Sprinkle, Laurie and Matt Krieg, Pastor Marvin Williams and Dr. Gerald Longjohn (moderator)