Many people enter into ministry with a deep burden to serve others, especially in the deepest matters of life—their walk with Christ, their eternal destiny, their relational health and wholeness, serving their community. Perhaps you are considering ministry or sense God's call to serve in a church. This can lead to some important questions:
- Where can I go to develop and refine my skills for ministry?
- What books should I read next? There are thousands!
- How do I know what I’m teaching is truly what Scripture says?
- What if my usual answers aren’t enough?
These types of questions lead many people to the doors of a seminary. It's is a place for deepening your knowledge of the Bible, to pursue theological education, gain practical training, and grow in formation into Christlikeness. As one of our professors put it, "We can only take God's children as far as we have gone ourselves."
In seminary, students grow in their ability to study and teach Scripture (even from the original languages); they gain a fuller grasp of theology and how Scripture applies to the deepest questions of life and faith; and they enjoy community with fellow students who share their desire to serve the Body of Christ.
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary is a vibrant community for wrestling with biblical truth, pursuing Christ with undivided hearts, and gaining practical skills for real world ministry. We invite you to join us for Exploring Seminary on November 7, a visit day where you can find out more!
Perhaps you are not sure what God is calling you to do with your life. Many students begin seminary with a general sense of God's leading to ministry, but they aren't sure exactly where He is calling them. That's okay! The seminary experience itself often helps students refine, clarify, and confirm their callings in life in the context of rich biblical truth and authentic relationships. Join us for Exploring Seminary, a visit designed to help you consider your next steps!
- Date: Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2017
- Time: 5:30 - 9 p.m.
- Exploring Seminary Schedule:
- 5:30 p.m. — Registration and Reception
- 6:00 p.m. — Exploring Seminary: Discerning Your Call
- 7:15 p.m. — Building Tour and Break
- 7:30 p.m. — Individual Program Sessions: Ministry, Counseling, General Questions
- 8:15 p.m. — Class Visit (optional)
- 9:10 p.m. — Dismissal