Annually, Grand Rapids Theological Seminary offers the community a fall Bible teaching series through the Thursday Evening Bible Class. These biblical lectures are delivered by faculty of the seminary and typically run from 8-10 weeks. More than a hundred individuals from the community attend each series, representing a variety of Christian denominations and associations.
Fall 2015 Class Information
Mark's Gospel is likely the first one of the four Gospels to be written. While in many ways it is the simplest, a close study of Mark reveals its many mystifying and challenging aspects. Mark writes to reveal Jesus' identity as the Son of God and the character of the Kingdom as the reign of God that confronts the darkness and overturns cultural corruptions. Jesus calls disciples to inhabit God's life-giving reign and follow Jesus on the way to the cross.
- Dates: Thursday Evenings, Sept. 10 - Nov. 5, 2015 (No TEBC on Sept. 24)
- Time: 7:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Location: Pirsig-DeBruyn Chapel, Grand Rapids Theological Seminary, 3000 Leonard St NE, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Facilitator: Dr. Tim Gombis
- Week 1: Thursday, September 10
- Week 2: Thursday, September 17
- Week 3: Thursday, October 1
- Week 4: Thursday, October 8
- Mark 6:6b - 8:30 (No Recording Available)
- Week 5: Thursday, October 15
- Week 6: Thursday, October 22
- Week 7: Thursday, October 29
- Week 8: Thursday, November 5