2014 | "Faith, Doubt, and A Life That Pleases God"
Dr. Michael Wittmer, Professor of Historical and Systematic Theology, served as the instructor.
- Week 1: What about doubt?
- Week 2: Download Audio | How can I know there is a God?
- Week 3: Download Audio | How can I know I believe in the right God?
- Week 4: Download Audio | How can I know that Jesus and the Bible are true?
- Week 5: No Audio Available | What does it mean to follow Jesus?
- Week 6: Download Audio | How can I know that I'm saved?
- Week 7: Download Audio | Can I serve Jesus and still enjoy my life?
- Week 8: No Audio Available | What has God called me to do?
2013 | "Psalms Sampler"
Instructor: Dr. John Hilber, Professor of Old Testament
Course Description: How does the Christian use the Psalms in personal life and worship? This course will orient you to the various types of psalms and their basic message, help you learn how to interpret and apply them, and involve you with the psalmist in a thirst after God.
Audio: Recordings of the Fall 2013 TEBC on the Psalms Sampler are available by request. Please contact the Seminary Office at 616-222-1422.
- Week 1: Introduction to the Psalter
- Week 2: Interpreting Poetry
- Week 3: Psalms of Lament
- Week 4: Class will not meet this week
- Week 5: Psalms of Lament/Imprecations
- Week 6: Psalms of Thanksgiving
- Week 7: Psalms of Praise
- Week 8: Royal Psalms
- Week 9: Messiah in the Psalms
2012 | "Ephesians: Participating in the Triumph of Christ"
Instructor: Professor Timothy Gombis, Associate Professor of New Testament, Grand Rapids Theological Seminary
- Week 1: Introduction & Overview
- Week 2: Ephesians 1:1-14 - Identity Formation
- Week 3: Ephesians 1:20-2:22 - God's Triumph in Christ
- Week 4: Ephesians 3 - Paul's Participation in Divine Triumph (No Audio Available)
- Week 5: Ephesians 4:1-16 - Equipping the Church for Participation in Divine Triumph
- Week 6: Ephesians 4:17-32 - A Community of Transformation
- Week 7: Ephesians 5:1-20 - A Community of Holiness
- Week 8: Ephesians 5:21-6:9 - A Community of Justice