Cornerstone hosts students from over 20 countries, including the Bahamas, China, Congo, Ecuador, Guatemala, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, South Korea, Belize, Thailand, Nigeria, Japan, the Netherlands, Australia, Portugal, Kenya, and Canada.
The International student enrollment process will take between 2-6 months to complete. For fall enrollment the application process should begin no later than June 1.
In an effort to facilitate a smooth transition, international students are encouraged to begin their degree programs in the fall semester (August).
Handong Global University and CHE Exchange Program
Application to this special program, sponsored by Cornerstone University and Handong Global University or CHE, is restricted to enrolled students of either institution. Interested students should contact the appropriate university representative for proper application instructions. This exchange program is a non-degree program and in most cases is limited to one term of enrollment at the host campus.
International Student Application Process
The steps below are required and must be completed in the following order:
1. Apply online
Click here to apply online for free! If the financial section of the application is acceptable your application will be considered.
2. Once your application has been approved, please submit the following supporting documents:
Cornerstone University requirements:
- TOEFL: Minimum score of 550 written, 80 internet based*
- IELTS: Minimum 6.5 score*
- ACT or SAT scores strongly recommended for scholarship consideration
*Required for students who are not residents of English speaking countries.
3. Once you've been accepted, complete the financial support form.
4. Transcript Evaluation
Transcripts must be evaluated by Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc (ECE) or World Education Services. Canadian Students may have this evaluation waived.
5. Secure housing and class registration by submitting a $300 deposit
6. Certificate of Eligibility
Once your deposits have been processed, the International Student Advisor will send you your Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 Form).
7. Pay the $100 SEVIS fee
8. Sign your I-20 form and set up an appointment to apply for your student visa at your country’s consulate office
Please bring the following to the consulate:
- A valid passport
- Proof of sufficient finances
- Proof of English proficiency
9. Register for classes
Upon receiving your student visa, please contact the admissions office to inform us. At that time we will register you for the fall semester classes (the registration period begins in mid-March).