The MACRAO Transfer Agreement is designed to facilitate transferring from community colleges to baccalaureate colleges and universities. It provides for transferability of up to 30 semester credits to meet many (and in some cases all) of the General Education Requirements at participating Michigan four-year colleges and universities. Students may complete the MACRAO Transfer Agreement as part of an associate degree or as a stand-alone package.
Once the specified set of courses is completed, the courses will transfer and be applied toward meeting the general education requirements at the 4-year college or university.
Note: Cornerstone University’s agreement has limitations. While many Michigan colleges and universities honor the MACRAO Transfer Agreement, some participate in a more limited manner. Students should check with the receiving institution regarding their transfer policies.
A minimum of 30 credits must be taken in the following areas at the community college level to satisfy MACRAO Endorsement requirements:
- English Composition: 6 credits
- CU requirement: Research component required in at least one English course
- Science and Math: 8 credits
- CU requirement: Students should select College Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus I or II
- Social Science: 8 credits
- CU requirement: Students should select from subject areas: Social Sciences, Psychology, Sociology or Economics
- Humanities: 8 credits
- CU Requirement: Students should select an introductory Philosophy course and World Civilization II
In keeping with the Christian liberal arts philosophy of Cornerstone University, students will be required to complete coursework in the following areas in addition to the MACRAO Endorsement:
- Arts & Sciences
- Biblical/Theological Studies
- Global Studies
Transfer students should verify MACRAO requirements and course selection with their community college advisor. Students should also request MACRAO Endorsement when requesting official transcripts.
Cornerstone University subscribes to the MACRAO agreement. Students with a MACRAO transcript fulfill core general education requirements at Cornerstone with the following conditions:
- One course from College Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus I or II
- One course in Introductory Philosophy
- One course in World Civilization II
The MACRAO agreement applies only to general education requirements and does not exempt students from meeting requirements of their specific program, major or other graduation requirements at Cornerstone. Students should check the university's academic catalog to determine if any courses required for their major can be used to satisfy MACRAO.
The CU agreement does not allow the full transfer of an Associate’s Degree as fulfillment of its general education and core requirements. Students with a MACRAO approved transcript for general education purposes will also be required to complete the remaining general education requirements as well as those requirements for their major/minor field of study and all other graduation requirements.
Students attending community colleges can plan well by selecting the suggested courses in the area of math and humanities.