An exploration of the role of natural resource agencies in developing, sustaining and protecting natural resources. Emphasis is placed on the history of natural resources management in Michigan, management philosophies, politics that impact natural resources, species and ecology management, sustainability and carrying capacity.
Credit: 3 Weeks: 6
- State Natural Resources Managers
- Mission Statements, Leadership Principles, Techniques and Objectives
- Ecosystem Management and Conservation
- Strategies and Goals of Fisheries Managers
- Strategies and Goals of Wildlife Managers
- Role of Other Agencies
- Christian Stewardship and Natural Resources
As part of the Educational Resource Fee (Associates Level) charged for this course, all required textbooks will be shipped to students 1 to 2 weeks prior to the start date of the course.