Dr. Andrea Fryling serves as assistant director of academic services and assistant professor of English for Cornerstone University's Professional & Graduate Studies. She is also a freelance editor and writing consultant, where she works on a range of project types including books, dissertations, theses and more. She also serves as a one-on-one writing coach at Cornerstone.
"When I began teaching at PGS, I knew immediately that this was something special; the love, passion and commitment that Cornerstone has for Christ, its students and educational excellence have far surpassed my expectations and even my hopes. I am honored to have the opportunity to participate in Cornerstone's spiritual and academic mission as well as students' educational and life journeys."
- Editor-in-chief of Y1 Writes: A Collection of Student Essays (Vols. 3 & 4)
- Authored dissertation entitled "On Morality in Minority Fiction: Subtexts of Closeting, Communication and Community in Babel-17 and Fledgling"
- Ph.D., English (Contemporary American Literature and African American Literature), Northern Illinois University
- M.A., British and American Literature, Northern Illinois University
- B.A., Grand Valley State University
—Spending time with family
—Swimming and being on the water
—Cultural influences and diversity
—Morality and minority fiction
—Language, communication, oppression, identity and community in literature