April VanPutten graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting from Cornerstone University in 1997. She went on to earn her Masters in Business Administration from Grand Valley State University while working in the commercial real estate industry as an accountant. VanPutten joins Cornerstone as a full-time professor after several years as the Library Business Manager at Cornerstone and one year as an adjunct professor for the Business division. She teaches Principles of Accounting I and II, as well as Non-Profit Management Classes.
"Being a part of the Cornerstone Community allows me to use my strengths to further our institutional mission. It's important that our students know that they are part of a community of believers that value their God given talents and abilities. As a professor, one of my goals is to help students connect their talents and abilities with their vocation, so that they can impact the world for Christ."
- Co-Faculty Adviser of Cornerstone's Enactus Team
- CU Lean-In Circle Co-Leader
- NorthPointe Christian School Board Treasurer
- Association of Christian Librarians Business Manager
- Ph.D., Organizational Leadership, Indiana Wesleyan University (2022)
- M.B.A., Grand Valley State University (2002)
- B.A., Accounting, Cornerstone University (1997)
—Spending time with her husband and three children
—Attending sporting events