Dr. Jeff Savage is the associate dean of business for Cornerstone University's Professional & Graduate Studies division. He teaches undergraduate, graduate and doctoral courses in areas such as business, management and organizational development.
"Teaching well gives others a plan, a purpose and a hope that tomorrow can be better than today. It is ultimately about lifting others up so that their lives are better for what you were able to model for and teach to them."
Dr. Savage has chaired dissertations for doctoral students and taught online for Liberty University. In addition, he has served as the business manager for Our Savior Lutheran Church and School in Lansing. As an active duty Air Force officer, he was stationed at Minot AFB in North Dakota, Dyess AFB in Texas and at Michigan State University as an ROTC instructor, where he also served as an assistant professor of aerospace studies. Savage taught junior high and high school English and coached football and wrestling in Missouri prior to joining the military.
- Co-authored the article "General and Specific Goal Orientations as Correlates of Adult Student Degree Completion: Lessons from the Community College of the Air Force" with Dr. Albert B. Smith (Journal of College Student Retention, 2008)
- "The Role of Hope in Community College of the Air Force Degree Completion" (UMI Number: 3177590, 2005)
Licenses, Memberships and Certifications
- Senior Certified Professional in Human Resources (SHRM-SCP), Society for Human Resource Management
- Occupational Instructor Certification, Air University, U.S. Air Force
- Missouri State Teacher Certification, Language Arts/English, Grades 7-12
- Ed.D. in Higher Education Administration, Baylor University
- M.S.A. in Human Resources Administration, Central Michigan University
- B.A. in English, Culver-Stockton College
—Spending time with family
—Interaction of student success and positive psychology of hope theory