Executive Vice President for Academics; Dean of GRTS; Professor of Adult Learning & Organizational Leadership
Adult & Graduate Studies - Business ...more
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary - Administration ...more
Dr. VerBerkmoes has held various staff and administrative roles at Cornerstone University and Grand Rapids Theological Seminary. With a strong history of humble and excellent leadership, VerBerkmoes seeks to enhance the PGS community through efficient and effective systems and programs.
With regard to GRTS, VerBerkmoes said, "GRTS is a community of learners (faculty, staff, and students) who are working diligently to make a contribution to the advancement of God's Kingdom in the world. It is a distinct honor to serve alongside those with who I share core values, calling, and mission."
VerBerkmoes and his wife Kelly live in Rockford, Mich. They have two children, Jason and Leslie.
VerBerkmoes is licensed as a minister by Blythefield Hills Baptist Church in Rockford, Mich.
"Understanding and Fostering a Culture of Assessment: A Primer for Academic Deans." In Chaos Theory: A Handbook for Chief Academic Officers, edited by K. Billman and B. Birch (2011). Grand Rapids: Eerdmans.
"Student Outcomes Assessment: A Study of the Organizational Factors that Foster or Inhibit Progress in Establishing a Culture of Assessment within Graduate Theological Schools." Dissertation for Doctor of Philosophy, Michigan State University (2006).
- "Outcomes Assessment" (June 2010): Presentation for The Association of Theological Schools biennial meeting of Presidents and Deans in Montreal
- "Assessment and Accreditation" (June 2008): Presentation for The Association of Theological Schools- Chief Academic Officers (CHAOS) in Atlanta
- "Assessment that Makes Sense" (March 2007): Presentation for The Association of Theological Schools- Chief Academic Officers (CHAOS) in British Columbia
- Ph.D. in Educational Administration, Michigan State University
- M.T.S., Grand Rapids Theological Seminary
- B.R.E., Cornerstone University
In addition to spending time with his family, VerBerkmoes enjoys time in God's creation through hunting and fishing.
- Adult Learning
- Teaching and Learning
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Organizational Leadership