Humanities Division Chair; Professor of Linguistics, Traditional Undergraduate Program; Director of M.A. TESOL Program and Professor of Linguistics, Professional & Graduate Studies
Traditional Undergrad Academics - Humanities ...more
Dr. Michael Pasquale is Chair of the Humanities Division and Professor of Linguistics at Cornerstone University. He also serves as a consultant for mission organizations and local churches providing training in Europe, Asia, South America and North America.
He has been a member of the Michigan State Board of Education World Language Standards Development Committee (ESL & Spanish) and is also a member of TESOL and Michigan TESOL.
Dr. Pasquale is also the co-editor of the International Journal for Christianity and English Language Teaching.
- Provost's Teaching Excellence Award, 2007
- Pasquale, M., & Bierma, N. L. K. (2011). Every tribe and tongue: A biblical vision for language in society. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock Publishers.
- Pasquale, M. D. (2011). An ESL ministry handbook. Grand Rapids, MI: Credo House Publishers.
In the News
- Wallner, P. J. (2016, April 5). "Cornerstone Professor, A Big Tigers Fan, Helps Team's International Players."
- Ph.D. in Linguistics, Michigan State University
- M.A. in Linguistics, Michigan State University
- B.A. in International Studies, Cedarville University
In his spare time, Pasquale enjoys reading, traveling, taking walks with his family and watching the Detroit Tigers. During college, he met Mother Teresa in India!
His research specialization is on the interaction between sociolinguistics and second language acquisition. His current research areas focus on the folk linguistics of second language acquisition, particularly studying the beliefs of teachers and students concerning the language learning process, and also language policy in relation to English language teaching.