Peter Osborn, Ph.D.
Executive Vice President and Chief Operations Officer
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary - Bible, Religion & Ministry ...more
Adult & Graduate Studies - Administration ...more
Dr. Peter Osborn provides leadership for enrollment services at the Professional & Graduate Studies division, operations for Asia Biblical Theological Seminary, campus services, information technology, campus safety and food services. He also teaches courses in organizational leadership and change and in pastoral ministries.
In his years at Cornerstone University, Peter has served as the director of graduate admissions and marketing (1999-2003), associate dean of students/assistant professor (2003-09), adjunct professor (2009-11), associate professor/associate dean of online (2011-14), associate vice president of adult learning/associate professor (2014-15) and vice president of adult learning/associate professor (2015-2019). In June 2019, he was promoted to executive vice president and chief operations officer.
In addition to his work at Cornerstone, Peter assists nonprofit organizations in staff transitions and resolving conflict. He and his wife, Karen, have been married since 1992 and have four children: Zach, Sawyer, Jake and Issi.
"For me, teaching and learning is transformational. When we engage new ideas, learn new ways of thinking and processing information or learn new skills, it transforms who we are and oftentimes those around us. I'm a lifelong learner and so serving in a higher education context is a very rewarding environment for me."
- Contributor to "Encyclopedia of Christian Education" (Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 2014). Entries in Association of Theological Schools, Harvard, learning styles and Parker Palmer.
- Book review of "The Three Dimensions of Learning: Contemporary Learning Theory in the Tension Field Between the Cognitive, the Emotional and the Social" (Adult Education Quarterly, November 2004)
Licenses, Memberships and Recognitions
- Emotional Competence Inventory (ECI 2.0)
- Cultural Intelligence (CQ)
- Kouzes & Posner's Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI)
- Certified Executive Coach with the Hay Group
- Doctor of Philosophy in Higher, Adult and Lifelong Education, Michigan State University
- Master of Arts in Educational Ministries, Grand Rapids Theological Seminary
- B.S., Summit University
—Organizational change (utilizing the Competing Values Framework)
—Transitioning staff well, especially in non-profit organizations
—Emotional and social intelligence