The Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies degree develops a student’s basic competencies in the study of biblical and theological literature and provides foundational knowledge concerning ministry leadership while allowing students the opportunity to customize a significant portion of their program.
The 63-credit program consists of:
- 15 Bible credits
- 17 theology credits
- 16 ministry leadership credits
- 15 credits of general electives with which you can tailor to meet your specific needs.
The tuition for the MA Interdisciplinary Studies is approximately $39,736. Learn more about Costs and Aid.
- Pastoral Ministry
- Para-church Ministry
- Teaching Pastor
- Associate Pastor
Our program checklist breaks this program into modules and lists the courses required for each module. Depending on how many classes you want to take each semester, the average MA Interdisciplinary Studies student completes the program in 2-4 years. The average full-time student takes 12 credits per semester; the average part-time student takes six credits per semester.
The following document is a sample of how you might arrange courses for the MA Interdisciplinary Studies degree program. We encourage you to arrange your course plan in a way that will fit your own desired course loads, interests and available dates and times.
Student Learning Objectives
Students who complete the Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies curriculum will be able to:
- Conduct basic biblical interpretation and application with reference to the English Bible texts.
- State a basic understanding of the primary elements of Christian theology.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge, values and competencies associated with spiritual, worldview and leadership formation.