The TESOL Program at Cornerstone University offers the opportunity to study and practice teaching skills at Oxford.
During this 5-week study abroad program, students tour the United Kingdom while taking 6 credits at Oxford University. Students also have the opportunity to teach English to international students at Oxford and in ESL classes at St. Aldates Church.
Annually held in May and June.
- HUM 382 / LIN 590 - Humanities Seminar - Lewis & Tolkien (3 credits)
- Tutorial from Oxford professors (3 credits)*
*Tutorials are a face-to-face discussion of a prepared piece of work between the tutor, who is an expert in the specific topic, and students, either individually or in a small group. The success of a tutorial relies on the active exchange between the student(s) and tutor.
The cost of the 2013 trip have not yet been determined. Continue to check this site for up-to-date information.
The cost of the trip includes:
- All Oxford tuition (6 credits), fees, Bodleian library access, New College membership
- Housing in Oxford for 5 weeks (includes a kitchen and washer/dryer unit)
- Food & travel allowance ($400)
- Transportation from US to UK (and in UK) including airfare and the bus to and from Heathrow
- Tours - at least four inclusive tours
Touring the United Kingdom
While studying at Oxford, students have the opportunity to visit:
- Glastonbury (King Arthur's home)
- Wells Cathedral
For More Information
Contact Michael Pasquale, Director of the TESOL Program or check out the 2014 Term Brochure.