Dr. Wittmer teaches various courses, including Graduate Research Methods, Christian Worldview, Medieval Theology and Systematic Theology. He also supervises theses for master’s-level students in historical and systematic theology. He belongs to the Evangelical Theological Society.
He and his wife, Julie, have three children: Avery, Landon, and Alayna.
- 2008 | "A Christian Perspective on Sport." The Image of God in the Human Body: Essays on Christianity and Sports. Edwin Mellen Press.
- 2008 | "Don't Stop Believing: A Theological Critique of the Emergent Church." Reformed Review.
To receive updates on forthcoming publications, follow Michael E. Wittmer's author page on Amazon.
- 2008 | Review of A High View of Scripture? by Craig D. Allert. Calvin Theological Journal, 44: 337-339.
- 2008 | Review of Aspects of Atonement by I. Howard Marshall. Calvin Theological Journal, 44: 356-357.
- 2004 | Review of The Free Church and the Early Church: Bridging the Historical and Theological Divide by D. H. Williams. Calvin Theological Journal, 39: 450-451.
- 2002 | Review of Disruptive Grace: Studies in the Theology of Karl Barth by George Hunsinger. Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, 45: 176-178.
- 2008 | Evangelical Theological Society National Conference: "Machen on McLaren: A New Kind of Liberal?"
- 2007 | Evangelical Theological Society National Conference: "Why Postmodern Evangelicals Find it Easier to Obey than to Believe"
- 2005 | Evangelical Theological Society National Conference: "Divine Mystery as Theological Method: Implications for the Trinity and Divine Sovereignty"
- 2005 | Athletes in Action International Think Tank Conference on the Christian View of Athletics: "The Christian Perspective on Sport"
- 2002 | Evangelical Theological Society National Conference: "Love and Freedom in Barth's Doctrine of Election"