Fly to GR offers airline ticket reimbursement (up to $200) to visiting juniors, seniors and transfer students. Participating students will be given a special visit itinerary upon arrival which includes opportunities to explore Grand Rapids, experience dorm life through an overnight stay and attend our visit event on Friday morning.
Qualified Program Visit Dates
Fly to GR is offered in conjunction with Golden Eagle Days. Please plan to arrive in Grand Rapids, Michigan, on the Thursday prior to your campus visit date.
- High school juniors and seniors
- Transfer students (under the age of 25)
What are the program requirements?
- Students traveling 150 land miles (one way) or more from home qualify for the reimbursement
- All planned visit event activities must be attended. This includes staying overnight on campus the evening prior to the visit day.
- Fly to GR airfare reimbursement is only available during qualified program visit dates.
- Students may only participate in the Fly to GR program one time and be reimbursed for one airline ticket (up to $200.00).
What Should I Know?
- Students must pre-register more than two weeks prior to the campus visit event.
- All flights must arrive and depart from Gerald R. Ford International (GRR) Airport.
- Students are responsible for all travel expenses including, but not limited to, airfare, baggage costs, food, travel insurance, etc.
- Students are responsible for arranging flights and other travel details.
- Airfare reimbursement only applies to prospective students (family and friends are not covered).
- Students may only use the program once, any additional trips will not qualify.
- Additional guests visiting with students are responsible for finding their own hotel accommodations.
- Final registration paperwork must be received 14 days prior to the arrival. Items include:
- Terms of agreement
- Guest registration
- Copy of the airline ticket receipt with price and flight times listed
To learn more about Fly to GR, please send us your contact information or email us at email@example.com.