Fly to GR offers airline ticket reimbursement (up to $200) to visiting high school juniors, seniors and college transfer students. Participating students will attend a visit event and will have the option to experience dorm life through an overnight stay.
Qualified Program Visit Dates
Fly to GR is offered in conjunction with Golden Eagle Days and Accepted Student Days. This program is designed for current high school juniors, seniors and college transfer students (under the age of 25). Plan to arrive in Grand Rapids, Michigan, on the day prior to your campus visit date.
Arrival Day (Thursday)
- 5 p.m. | Flight Arrival at Gerald R. Ford International Airport
- 6:30 p.m. | Dinner in Cornerstone University's Dining Commons
- 8 p.m. | Meet with overnight visit host and explore Grand Rapids, Mich.
Departure Day (Friday)
- 7:30 a.m. | Breakfast in Cornerstone University's Dining Commons
- 8:30 a.m. | Check-in for Golden Eagle or Accepted Student Day
- 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. | Golden Eagle/Accepted Student Day Activities
- 5 p.m. | Arrival to Gerald R. Ford International Airport
- 6:30 p.m. | Flight Departure
What are the program requirements?
- Students traveling 150 land miles (one way) or more from home qualify for the reimbursement.
- Fly to GR airfare reimbursement is only available during qualified program visit dates.
- Students may only participate in the Fly to GR program one time and be reimbursed for one airline ticket (up to $200.00).
What should I know?
- Students must submit all Fly to GR paperwork 14 days prior to arrival.
- Paperwork will be sent after students complete the Fly to GR inquiry form below.
- All flights must arrive and depart from Gerald R. Ford International (GRR) Airport.
- Students are responsible for all travel expenses including, but not limited to, airfare, baggage costs, food, travel insurance, etc.
- Students are responsible for arranging flights and other travel details.
- Students who plan to be transported to and from the airport by Cornerstone must arrive on the day before the visit between 12-7 p.m. Their flight must depart between 4-7 p.m. on the day of the visit. Visits typically end around 3 p.m.
- Airfare reimbursement only applies to prospective students (family and friends are not covered).
- Students may only use the program once, any additional trips will not qualify.
- Additional guests visiting with students are responsible for finding their own transportation and hotel accommodations.
To learn more about Fly to GR, please send us your contact information or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: This form does not qualify you for the Fly to GR program. All required paperwork as mentioned above will need to be submitted in order to qualify for the program.