Student-athletes continue to build athletics as a long-standing tradition for the Cornerstone University campus community. And locker rooms exist as staple venues for community formation and vibrant Christian fellowship among athletes.
The CU Compete initiative aims to enhance the competitive position of basketball for Cornerstone's Golden Eagles. Recalling highlights from your time on the court as an undergraduate, we invite you to invest in the lives of current and future student-athletes.
Locker Room Renovation Initiative
CU Compete is a capital campaign driven by a group of Men's and Women's Basketball alumni. As a result, Bernice Hansen Athletic Center locker rooms will feature:
- New pre-finished maple wood lockers
- New carpet
- Painting of walls, ceiling and doors
- New common area cabinets and countertops
- New LED surface mounted light fixtures and timer/clock in the women's locker room
- Audio system in each locker room capable of connecting to the arena's sound system
You recognize the competitive environment of today's collegiate athletics. To invest in the lives of current students and future recruits, partner with Cornerstone University Athletics to advance the university's mission through the following opportunities:
- Rally with the campus community at games. Take courtside seats to cheer on the Golden Eagles! For coverage of the Women's Basketball and Men's Basketball season games, visit the Athletics website.
- Pray for a current student-athlete. Cornerstone University Men's Basketball has a tradition of connecting former players with current players through prayer sponsorship. In this way, alumni have a direct impact upon the work that God is doing in the lives of students at CU. To sign up, please email Eric DeSantis, Assistant Coach for Men's Basketball.
- Give a financial donation to CU Compete. Make a donation to CU Compete for enhancement of Bernice Hansen Athletic Center's locker room facilities. Please note that 10% of all gifts will be designated to the Student Fund at Cornerstone University, which provides tuition scholarships for students.
Members of the CU Compete team include Cameron Currie (B.A. '97), Al Gortmaker (B.A. '99), Jenna Plewes (B.A. '09), Brad Tilma (B.A. '99), Julie Vogelzang (B.A. '02) and Mark Zichterman (B.A. '02).
If you have questions regarding the Bernice Hansen Athletic Center locker room renovation initiative or for additional information on ways to support student-athletes, please email us.
Note: 10% of all gifts to CU Compete will be designated to the Student Fund at Cornerstone University which provides tuition scholarships for students.