The Soli Deo Gloria Honor Band features the finest high school band students in Michigan. Under the leadership of Kayla Cordell, director of Symphonic Winds, participants in the honor band will rehearse and perform a concert with members of Cornerstone University Symphonic Winds on Wednesday, April 29, 2020. In addition, honor band activities include:
- A sectional session with university instrumental instructors.
- Rehearsals with Kayla Cordell, director of Symphonic Winds, and guest conductor John Varineau.
- Meals and event T-shirt (provided).
- Date: April 29, 2020
- Check-in: 8:45-9:15 a.m.
- Location: Grand Rapids Theological Seminary, Matthews Performing Arts Center, 3000 Leonard NE, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Cost: $25 (cash or check made out to Cornerstone University). Your participation fee includes lunch, dinner and an event T-shirt.
- Rehearsal Attire: Casual
- Concert Attire: Your school's concert band uniform.
Meals will be provided on-campus in Cornerstone's Dining Commons. We have an allergy room with several Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free options. Nearly all items are labeled even in the main cafeteria if they are DF and/or GF.
The schedule for this event has not yet been determined. Please check back for updates!
Nominate a Band Student
Nominate one or more of your students in order of ability. Every school's first nomination will be accepted. A participation fee of $25 will be charged for each student accepted into the honor band. Registration begins in January 2020.