The Soli Deo Gloria Honors Band features the finest high school band students in the West Michigan area. Under the leadership of Kayla Cordell, director of Symphonic Winds, participants in the honors band will rehearse and perform a concert with members of Cornerstone University Symphonic Winds on Feb. 15, 2019. In addition, honors band activities include:
- A sectional session with Dr. David Yandl, adjunct professor, or Jonathan Ruffer, affiliate artist of trumpet.
- A rehearsal with our Symphonic Winds director.
- Performances by Cornerstone faculty members and students.
- Meals and event T-shirt (provided).
- Date: Feb. 15, 2019
- Check-in: 9:45-10:15 a.m.
- Location: Grand Rapids Theological Seminary, Matthews Performing Arts Center, 3000 Leonard NE, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Cost: $25 (cash or check made out to Cornerstone University). Your participation fee includes lunch, dinner and an event T-shirt.
- Rehearsal Attire: Casual clothing. It is recommended that you bring winter weather clothing for walks across campus. You will be given an event T-shirt, but it is not required that you wear it.
- Concert Attire: Your school's concert band uniform.
Meals will be provided on-campus in Cornerstone's Dining Commons. We have an allergy room with several Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free options. Nearly all items are labeled even in the main cafeteria if they are DF and/or GF.
- 9:45-10:15 a.m. | Arrival at Matthews Performing Arts Center in the Grand Rapids Seminary Building
- 10:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. | Rehearsal Session I
- 1-1:30 p.m. | Lecture and Discussion: "The Christian Musician," Gordon Recital Hall
- 1:45-3 p.m. | Rehearsal Session II
- 3:30-5:30 p.m. | Session III
- 7:30-8:15 p.m. | Concert
Nominate a Band Student
Nominate one or more of your students in order of ability. Every school's first nomination will be accepted. A participation fee of $25 will be charged for each student accepted into the honors band.