by Shannon Pothoven, Ph.D., Director of Student Success
At Cornerstone, we want our students to thrive academically. The Center for Student Success is an important resource for students as they get started on their academic journey.
Our staff specializes in academic advising, academic support and student disability services, and we can also be a great connection point to other campus resources.
Students should visit the Center for Student Success for any of the following services.
All new Cornerstone students will see advising staff in the Center for Student Success during their first year on campus. We'll help with:
- Making changes to class schedules
- Deciding on or changing majors
- Choosing classes for upcoming semesters
- Making a 4-year plan to ensure graduation in a timely fashion
- Introductions to peer academic advisers who can offer advising help from a student perspective
Many students could use a little extra help to get or stay on track academically. Sometimes asking for help is overwhelming, but we have many resources available.
- Tutoring – Free one-on-one peer tutoring for traditional undergraduate courses taught at Cornerstone
- CSS-100 – A learning strategies course that can help students build academic skills and establish a solid foundation for academic success
- Individual appointments to work on academic skills such as time management, academic organization or test-taking
Student Disability Services
Students needing academic or housing accommodations due to a documented disability should identify themselves to the Center for Student Success staff to begin the process of applying for services for students with disabilities.