Cornerstone University equips students to excel as flourishing influencers in the world for Christ and His kingdom. Here, we define vocational preparation as the faithful stewardship of one's God-given talents and opportunities throughout his or her professional, personal and civic life. As a result, our Christ-centered, student-focused learning community supports the development of intellectual curiosity, character-based virtues and creative habits.
Comprised of multiple principal academic units, Cornerstone awards associate (A.A., A.S.); bachelor's (B.A., B.Mus., B.S., B.S.W.); master's (M.A., M.B.A., M.Div., M.S.); and doctoral (Ed.D.) degrees.
Our graduates enter career fields, ministry roles and graduate programs with essential knowledge and skills in five distinct areas or learning domains, all of which help produce well-rounded individuals who are prepared to influence the world for Christ. Our five university-wide learning outcomes include specialized knowledge; applied knowledge and collaborative learning; intellectual skills; civic and global learning and biblical worldview integration.
- Specialized Knowledge: Cornerstone students will demonstrate knowledge of and proficiency in the terminology, theories, concepts, practices and skills specific to their field of study.
- Applied Knowledge and Collaborative Learning: Cornerstone students will exhibit competency in applying their knowledge to address real-life problems through both individual and group effort.
- Intellectual Skills: Cornerstone students will demonstrate their ability to integrate both traditional and non-traditional cognitive skills, including analytical inquiry, information literacy, quantitative fluency and communicative fluency.
- Civic and Global Engagement: Cornerstone students will demonstrate intercultural competence in addressing civic, social, environmental and economic issues.
- Biblical Worldview Integration: Cornerstone students will be able to articulate a Christ-centered worldview and its personal, professional and communal embodiment through Christian virtues.
Program-Specific Learning Outcomes
For information and details regarding our program-specific learning outcomes, select one of our degree programs.